Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Roast Chicken Dutch Oven Recipe

Spicy Roast Chicken I did something similar to this some months ago on a turkey, and it was outstanding. My whole family loved it. It will only take a jiffy and some ingredients to prepare it ( once the chicken itself is unfroze ). All you do is prepare a rub ( more of a spice and flavoring paste, actually, and cover the chicken in it. It truly is basic dutching at its best. Of course, the results taste a long way from basic. That's the sweetness of it! One reason that I'm so happy about it is perhaps because even though it's based primarily on some things that are fairly common, like basic Jerk Chicken, it is absolutely wonderful. Dutch Oven Spicy Roast Chicken 12' deep Dutch Oven 14-15 coals, each, above and below 1 5lb Chicken, thawed, patted dry.
4-5 green onions, chopped Tbsp Cayenne Pepper Tbsp Pepper Tbsp Cumin Powder Cup chopped Fresh Cilantro 4-5 green onions, cut Juice of 1 Lemon Olive Oil One thing I really like to do with birds is to take a fork or sharp knife and poke holes in the skin, to permit more of the spice flavor to seep into the beef. I put the chicken, breast side up, in the bottom of the 12' deep dutch oven. I didn't check, to be honest... While the coals were getting hot, I took a bit of time to make the spice rub/paste. It's straightforward to do, actually. You can adjust them to taste. If you like yours to be a little warmer, with more bite, add more Cayenne, etc... Do it how you're keen on it, or follow what I have got here.

Once those ingredients are all mixed in, and stirred up, I just gradually added a bit of oil, while stirring, just enough to make it like a paste. Then, I took a fork and smeared that paste all overboard surfaces of the chicken. I covered as much as I could, but I didn't want it to finish up on the bottom of the dutch oven. Then I put it on the coals. Now, you have to keep a side fire going, some additional coals. So, about each 20 mins or so, you add another 5-10 coals into the side fire. These catch fire from the ones that were in there, still burning before. After about another 20 mins, you pull some out to bolster those ones that are now burning out. Doing this, you can keep your heat on nearly indefinitely. This chicken took about an hour and a half to reach the internal temperature of about 180. Since it's done in the Dutch Oven, it comes out moist and steamed. The spices seep down in, and man, you will find out real quick why dutch oven cooking is so great! Probably my fave roast chicken recipe ever! Follow the directions laid out for you and then make us aware how you liked it!

For more information click here